When I saw the punches in the Occasions Mini Catalog, my first impression was WOW, I love the new style. I decided to start with the Small Heart to get the feel of the new design. That little punch has a great feel and punches very sharply. I went on to the Scallop Trim Corner knowing I'd earn the matching Scallop Trim Border for free from Sale-a-bration. I love them both. As for the other designs, I decided I'd wait for a while to see if I really needed them. After I saw these two cards, I knew I NEEDED the Two-Step Bird Punch! USP delivered my order today and I can't wait to start punching with it. Take a look at these two cards and you'll see why!
This beautiful card was made by Tina Rosenkrans, my third upline, who did a wonderful presentation for us at the Winter Wonderlude Event.
The bird gets punched out in two pieces so you can attach the wing with a dimensional to make it 3-D. The branch with leaves is also on the punch so you get all 3 pieces with each punch. Punch in several different colors and you can then mix and match the colors of the bird, wing and branch.
This card was made by Demonstrator Debby Kainu who was also at Winter Wonderlude. I love the way she did the two birds, one on the outside of the card and one peeking out through the punched circle from inside the card.
I'm lucky to know such talented Demonstrators who love to share their ideas!
The Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch is found on pages 10,11 in the Occasions Mini Catalog. Item # 117191 $15.95
Here is some information about the new design Stampin' Up! Punches:
Starting with the new 2010 Occasions Mini Catalog and continuing with all new punch designs going forward, Stampin' Up! has adopted a new body style for our punches!
A few features of the new punch style:
- Low-profile, rectangular punch body allows for easier stacking and storing
- Punches lock shut for easier storage and transport
- Dual labels on top and end allow for easy identification and selection when stored
- Available in three sizes: small, medium, and extra-large
- New punches allow for larger punched images and more intricate designs while providing greater ease of use.
- Extra -large punch images also allow for two-step designs like the Two-Step Bird punch in the Occasions Mini Catalog
- Corner punches allow you to punch a corner design along the inside edges of a page, not just corners
- larger, whole-hand handle design provides better leverage for easier use
- Available in an exclusive Stampin' Up! color